What's in it for me?

Rules of the affair.

What's in it for me? You don't ask but I know
I've been there before, see what you try not to show
I shared my essence, my life, my core
It was never enough - they still wanted more
I'm in charge now, I'm making my point
At long last I'm in control of this joint
If love's not sufficient then go, close the door
But don't think I'll be left in a heap on the floor
It's my time to shine, I'm at the wheel
If you don't agree then sorry, no deal
You're welcome to come along for the ride
I'm happy to have you here at my side
You come on my terms, there's no compromise
If you lie I will know, it'll be in your eyes
Don't take me for granted, just treat me with care
Esteem is two way - I'll happily share
I'm learning to read, know the score, see the signs
I'll know if you try to cross over my lines
What's in it for me? That's my question now
I'm learning the answer, I've got the know-how
Listen to my feelings, show me respect
And I'll give you more than you'd ever expect
Talk, listen, touch, feel, freedom to be
The person I am, the person that's "me"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unemployment Benefit vs Wages

Keep writing

A Visit from the Aneurysm Angel