Sing to the sky

The power of music and dance.

Another day down, mark it off, done and dusted
Living my life the way it was meant to be
A smile here, some laughter there, music
Always music
Dance, sing, dance some more
Open my heart and my arms and feel the joy
Listen for the bass, feel the rhythm
Smile at the sky, at the stars,
At the world
Night, cool and fresh on my skin
And silence all around but for the music in my head
No-one is there, don't feel insecure
Eight paws watching my every move
Looking out for me, keeping me grounded
My guardian angels
I am a caryatid, a female Atlas holding up my world
Pegasus is my companion
Together we soar to music unheard by all except the chosen
Dance with me my friend, join my private nightclub
Feel the beat, feel the rhythm of my heart
Listen and you will hear my music
Another day down, another day older and wiser
Learning my own intimate secrets
Music unlocking the doors in my head and my heart
Night that once brought tears now brings smiles
Reclaim my night
Reclaim my life, minute by minute
Smile at the stars
Dance, sing, dance some more
Sing to the sky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unemployment Benefit vs Wages

Keep writing

A Visit from the Aneurysm Angel