Purple

For Lori - "Peace, Love and Purple".

I am growing roses in my mind - I think they will be purple
Purple, the colour of women
Women who must be strong in a wild world and smile at the odds
Odds so often against us
Roses in my mind grown from the ashes of my pain
Pain once thought too heavy to bear
Bear it now with serenity and grace and a smile
Smile because I am strong
Love is a dream so hard to capture in the bright light of day
Day brings an awareness
Awareness that strength and serenity come from deep within
Within the breast of woman
I am growing roses in my mind - yes, they will be purple
Purple, the colour of hope
Hope for a new me who will not compromise my spirit
Spirit soaring on a smile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unemployment Benefit vs Wages

Keep writing

A Visit from the Aneurysm Angel