I am who I am

I have no idea whether or not I wrote this - it was sitting in my archives and dated 22 December 2011. If I wrote it, it's me. If I copied it from elsewhere, it's still me.

I keep my opinions to myself, because you don't like to hear them.
I turn my volume down, because you don't like me being loud.
I keep my dreams to myself, because they are different than yours.
I live where I have to, not where I want to, because your needs are different than mine.
I work to pay bills, not to enjoy my life.
I have nothing of value, so I surround myself with "things".
I don't dance in supermarket aisles, because I embarrass you.
I am overweight, because you never liked me to be as slim as I wanted to be.
I fulfill your needs, but you don't ask me about mine.
I am the ATM when you don't have cash.
I am there when you need me, but you are not always there when I need you.
I cry alone, because you don't like my tears.
I give you a shoulder, but yours is not there for me when I most need it.
I have your back, but I can't count on you to always have mine.
I try to be strong because you need me to, even when I am hurting deep inside.
I listen to your criticism even when it is unfair.
I am a fighter because you tell me I am, but you don't like it when I fight.
I am who I am because you have made me this way.
If you don't like what you see, you have only yourself to blame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unemployment Benefit vs Wages

Keep writing

A Visit from the Aneurysm Angel